This is my favourite breakfast / lunch to have at the moment. Inspired by one of my favourite local cafes Tierra Verde Deli in Clapham. They make this iconic spanish tomato and avocado toast with lashings of salt + a side of crisps and olives. I substituted this with mango & chilli!
Ingredients 2 people
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe vine / beef tomato
fresh red chilli
1 ripe mango
fresh bread you can slice (check out my bread recipe here)
1. Slice and toast your bread.
2. Lightly mash up your avocado. To it, add a good glug of olive oil & a decent amount of salt.
3. Finely slice the tomato.
4. Cut up the mango into squares. The easiest way to prep mango is to cut it in half, use a big spoon and push it right up around the stone to separate the two halves. From there, do the same underneath the half with the stone to get it out. With a knife, cut lines into the mango making a grid and scoop out with a spoon, right up against the skin.
5. Chop up some fresh red chilli. Sliced, then cut the slices into pieces.
6. To assemble, start with the mashed avocado. To that, lay over the tomatoes and crack some pepper over. Add your mango salad and sprinkle over fresh chilli pieces to finish.