Delicious sticky bites, with only 5 ingredients. Dates, oats, flour, sugar and butter. A super healthy naturally sweet snack, perfect for tea time.
250g pitted dates
100g rolled oats
100g self-raising flour
80g coconut sugar / caster sugar or a mixture of both
100g butter, room temperature
1. Place 250g of dates and cover with water in a pan. Cover and stew for 15-20 minutes checking and stirring regularly.
2. In the meantime, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the butter and crumble it into the dry ingredients with your fingers until the texture resembles crumble topping.
4. Check the dates and when it resembles jam, take off the heat and cool.
5. Heat the oven at 160C fan. In a square tin or ceramic dish, place half the crumble in the dish and press down with your fingers. Add the date jam and spread gently with a knife. Add the rest of the crumble and it press down until well covered.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 160C. Cool and then cut into squares and it's ready to eat.