There has been a strong banana bread trend circling on Instagram and there are many different recipes ranging from bready to cakier consistencies. Some use butter, some opt for decadent olive oil. This recipe sits somewhere in between and is fully vegan!
Ingredients 2 people
1. Heat your oven to 180C fan.
2. In a bowl, mash 3 bananas (keep one for topping the cake). You can use a potato masher for this - it's much quicker than using a fork.
3. Add the vegetable oil, sugar, maple syrup & cinnamon to the mashed banana and stir to combine.
4. Weigh out your dry and ingredients and mix them together.
5. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients with the banana bit by bit until you have a smooth batter. (apart from the banana bits!)
6. Grease your loaf tin with a little oil and dust in flour.
7. Pour your batter into your loaf tin, slice your remaining banana lengthways through the middle and place it across the top.
8. Bake for 40 minutes until golden. You should get a nice rise out of this one because of all the baking powder inside! Remember not to open the oven for at least the first 15 minutes so that your cake doesn't collapse.