Executive Chef Kakole Mosiuoa at Selinda Camp in Botswana has created this cocktail recipe especially for their Autumn safari guests and our readers. The star ingredient is pumpkin, spiced and all things nice. And it's healthy too! Just roast the pumpkin with some spices, add coconut milk, vodka and a few other ingredients. Blend, serve and bring a kick, some warmth and some magic to Halloween this year.
Photo: Executive Chef Kakole Mosiuoa
Selinda Camp, Botswana
" Moulded around the trees, Selinda visualises five essential elements: Earth, Wind, Water, Fire and Metal. The managers will tell you, though, if you are interested. But as a result, I think that Selinda Camp has a perfect balance. Oh, and elephants swim in front of camp too! "
Dereck Joubert, Founder of Great Plains Conservation
Photos: Selinda Camp Botswana at Dawn, An Elephant wades in the Okovango Delta
Halloween is coming round the corner so why not make the most of the pumpkin season by cooking up a fresh lassi cocktail for a spooky night with friends. Vodka optional!
2 Cups Pumpkin, cubed
2 tbsp honey (or more to taste)
2 cups Coconut milk
2 shots Vodka (optional)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cardamom
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Chopped seeds, lightly pan roasted
Garnish: fresh mint leaves & dill
1. Preheat the oven to 160°c.
2. Place the peeled & chopped pumpkin on a roasting tray and sprinkle with cinnamon & cardamom, a bit of salt & pepper. Mix well and cover in a bit of avocado or coconut oil.
3. Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes until soft.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
5. In a blender add all the remaining ingredients and the roasted pumpkin and blend till smooth…
6. Keep it in the fridge until it is ready to serve.
7. Garnish with chopped seeds and herbs and serve!