Easy homemade bread baked inside a Le Creuset dish. Simply knead, rise and bake!
This recipe is devised using Sainsbury's white bread recipe from the back of the flour packet. Makes a moist and buttery loaf with a crunchy crust. You can use your own bread recipe and follow the cooking guidelines if you prefer! The Le Creuset method works for any oven baked bread recipe.
Le Creuset Bread recipe
500g strong white bread flour
1 teaspoon of instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
320ml warm water
round Le Creuset dish
seeds or oats
1. Measure out your flour, add the butter and mix together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix.
2. In a big bowl, using a fork, slowly incorporate the warm water to your dry ingredients until it binds and forms a soft dough.
3. Flouring the surface, take the dough out and begin kneading. Fold the dough over itself and press your hands into it, turning the dough as you go. Knead for 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
4. Flour the dough and place it back in the bowl and cover (a moistened cloth is ideal). Leave in a warm place (above radiator, windowsill) for a few hours to rise. It should rise to 3 times the size.
5. Once risen, heat the oven to 200C on fan setting and place the Le Creuset in the oven to heat.
6. Once heated, remove from the oven, cut out some baking paper to line the dish and place it in the Le Creuset. Now you are ready to transfer the dough! Using a spatula, free up your dough from the bowl and place it in the lined dish. You can sprinkle some seeds or oats on top if you fancy!
7. Bake with the lid on for 30 mins. Remove the lid and bake for a further 15 mins / until golden.
8. Once cooked, remove the bread and let it cool down in the Le Creuset for 30 mins. Once cooled, it's ready to eat!