My inspiration for these are Sainsbury's triple chocolate cookies which are my guilty pleasure and I cannot get enough of! So here, I've decided to recreate them at home - hopefully a little healthier.
Dark chocolate cookies recipe
Ingredients - 12 cookies
50g cocoa powder
150g sugar (granulated, caster, soft brown..)
2tbsp vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla flavouring
1/2tsp baking powder
Heat the oven to 175C fan
1. Gently melt the butter and mix into it cocoa powder, sugar, and vegetable oil.
2. To this, add the egg & vanilla extract and beat it in until incorporated.
3. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and add them to the wet ingredients, stirring until only just combined.
4. Take your chocolate chunks and fold them into the cookie dough.
5. Get your baking tray ready, either with baking paper or grease then flour. I used two trays.
6. Spoon the mixture into balls and space them out on the tray. A large tray will hold approx 9 cookies so use 2 trays if required.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. Don't overcook them or they won't be soft and chewy!
8. Once cooked, let them cool for 30 minutes and serve with a hot cuppa tea.